Submission of online application form : 06/03/2018
Last date for Applying Online : 12/04/2018
Last date of submission of Fee throug h online generated Bank challan, at any branch of (Syndicate/ Canara/ICICI Bank) or through credit/debit card : 06/04/2018
Correction in Particulars of application form on the website : 25/04/2018 To 01/05/2018
Date of Examination : 08/07/2018
Educational Qualification :
1) Candidates wh o have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master ’ s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognised by UGC
2) Candidates who a re pursuing their Master's degree or equivalent course or candidates who ha ve appeared for their qualifying Master ’ s degree (final ye ar) examination a nd whose result is still awa ited or candidates whose qualifying examina tions h a ve been delayed ma y also apply for this test
3) Candidates belonging to third gender in other words transgender would be eligible to draw the same relaxation in fee, age and qualifying criteria for NET
1) Junior Research Fellow : Not more than 30 years as on 01. 07 .201 8 . A relaxation up to 5 years is provided to the candidates belonging to OBC (Non - creamy layer, as per the Central list of OBC available on website: www.ncbc.nic.in ) SC/ST/ Pw D /Transgender categories and to women applic ants. Relaxation will also be provided to the candidates having research experience, limited to the period spent on research in the relevant/related subject of post - graduation degree, subject to a maximum of 5 years, on production of a certificate from app ropriate authority. Three years relaxation in age will be permissible to the candidates possessing L.L.M. Degree. A relaxation of up to 5 years is provided to the candidates who have served in the armed forces subject to the length of service in the armed forces up to the first day of the month in which the concerned UGC - NET is to be held. Total age relaxation on the above ground(s) shall not exceed five years under any circumstances.
2) Assistant Professor : There is no upper age limit for applying for eligibility for Assistant Professor
Scheme of test :
Paper I : shall consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions each carrying 2 marks. The questions which will be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning abilit y, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate.
Total marks - 100, Total questions - 50 & Duration - 1 hour ( 09:30 AM To 10:30 AM )
Paper II : shall consist of 100 objective type compulsory questions each carrying 2 marks which will be based on the subject selected by the candidate.
Total marks - 200, Total questions - 100 & Duration - 2 hours ( 11:00 AM To 1:00 PM )
Notification For UGC - NET July - 201 8 For Eligibility for Assistant Professor only or Junior Research Fellowship & Eligibility for Assistant Professor Both