Submission of Online Application Form : 01/12/2017 – 01/01/2018
Name of Examination : Joint Entrance Examination Main 2018
Educational Qualification : 12 th class 75 % marks & SC/ST 65 % marks
Eligibility for appearing in JEE (Main) – 2018
1) Date of birth : Only those candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 01, 1993 are eligible. However, in the case of Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disabilities ( PwD ) candidates, upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years, i.e. SC, ST and PwD candidates who a re born on or after October 01, 198 8 are eligible. Date of birth as recorded in the Secondary Education Board/University certificate will only be considered.
2) Year of Appearance in Qualifying Examination (QE) : Only those candidates who have passed their Class 12 th Exam or any equivalent qualifying exam ination in 201 6 or 201 7 ; or those who are appearing in their Class 12 th Exam or any equivalent qualifying examination in 201 8 are eligible to appear in JEE (Main) - 201 8 . Candidates who passed Class 12 th /Qualifying examination in 201 5 or before as well as those who will appear in such examination in 201 9 or later are not eligible to appear in JEE (Main) – 201 8 . Candidates who appeared in class 12 th / equivalent qualifying Examinations in 201 5 , did not pass in 201 5 , but passed in 201 6 are also not eligible to appear in JEE (Main) 2018
3) Number of subjects in the Qualifying Examination (QE) : Candidates must have taken at least five subjects in class 12th/ q ualifying examination in order to be eligible for writing JEE (Main) - 2018. The candidates who have taken four subjects are not permitted to write JEE (Main) 201 8 and if such candidates appear in JEE (Main) 2018 by furnishing wrong information, their rank/result will not be de clared.
4) Number of Attempts : The number of attempts which a candidate can avail at JEE (Main) shall be limited to 03 (three) . CANDIDATES ARE ALSO ADVISED TO NOTE AND VERIFY FOR THEMSELVES THE ELIGIBILITY FOR APPEARING IN JEE(ADVANCED) – 201 8 AS WELL AS ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION TO VARIOUS INSTITUTES . BEING ELIGIBLE TO WRITE JEE (Main) AND BY OBTAINING AN ALL INDIA RANK IN JEE (Main), A CANDIDATE DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY BECOME ELIGIBLE FOR ADMISSION. CANDIDATES SEEKING ADMISSION TO THE INSTITUTIONS IN THE STATES OF MADHYA PRADESH , NAGALAND AND ODISHA, WHICH WERE EARLIER ADMITTING BASED ON THEIR STATE LEVEL EXAMINATION, ARE ALSO ADVISED TO VERIFY THEIR ELIGIBILITY AS PER CRITERIA LAID DOWN BY THESE STATE GOVERMENTS
Examination centers in Maharashtra : Amravati, Aurangabad, Jalgaon, Kolhapur, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nashik, Pune, Solapur, Navi Mumbai, Thane, Beed, Bhusawal, Bhandara, Buldhana, Chandrapur, Dhule, Gadchiroli, Gondiya, Latur, Parbhani, Raigad / Alibag, Ratnagiri, Sangli, Sangli, Satara, Wardha, Washim, Yavatmal.
Date of Examination :
1) Pen & Paper based examination : 08/04/2018
2) Computer based Examination : 15/04/2018 & 16/04/2018